Executive roles and management teams aligned to increasing client demand for global and digital services capabilities
Southfield, Mich. – May 9, 2012 –Airfoil Public Relations, an independent firm specializing in marketing communications and public relations for technology companies, has expanded its management teams and realigned executive focus to support client, culture and business objectives laid out in its most recently completed three-year strategic plan.
With 20-percent year-over-year growth heading into 2012, the agency has made key changes to its leadership structure and redefined strategic areas of focus to catalyze its plan:
- International business development:Airfoil Founder Janet Tyler has been named co-CEO and assumes responsibility for the agency’s international business strategy and the expansion of its services portfolio.Under her direction, the agency will expand traditional and digital marketing communications capabilities in new markets for existing clients, and foster global new business and partner opportunities for the firm.
“While many Airfoil clients have entrusted us with international communications programs, Janet is leading the firm’s investment in formal, global partnerships with in-market teams to deepen the impact our programs have abroad,” said Lisa Vallee-Smith, Airfoil co-CEO. “We are confident that her leadership will enable us to capitalize on these global opportunities for the fast companies we represent and our own.”
In addition to globalization efforts, Tyler is also responsible for formalizing the firm’s digital services offerings and driving technology and talent investments to activate and sustain those services. Vallee-Smith said, “Her work toward standardizing and expanding this important discipline will help illuminate opportunities in both current clients’ digital programs, as well as more effectively market them to prospects.”
- Executive leadership team: To ensure long-term strategic focus on business objectives, four members of Airfoil’s senior leadership team have been promoted and appointed to the agency’s new executive leadership team:
- Leah Haran, senior vice president, client services
- Sharon Neumann, senior vice president, finance and administration
- Aaron Petras, director, strategy and organizational development
- Kevin Sangsland, vice president, sales and marketing
“These professionals bring to the team deep and cross-cutting experience to help ensure that business decisions parallel our business objectives of attracting fast companies, delivering innovative account work and balancing portfolios to drive client satisfaction and aggressive growth,” said Tyler, who, along with Vallee-Smith and Senior Vice President Tracey Parry, also sits on the team.
- Increased emphasis on client services:Charged with championing innovative account work across the agency, Leah Haran has been promoted to senior vice president, client services. She joins Vallee-Smith and Parry in a redoubled focus on the agency’s account professionals delivering a consistently positive client experience.
Vallee-Smith said, “We believe strongly that the key to client satisfaction is striking the optimal balance between the right person, the right job and the right account. Leah is exceptionally prepared to help keep these variables in sync, with both strong client management and staff development experience.”
Additionally, Airfoil has promoted Jennifer Ristic and Tim Wieland to account director. Both will join the agency’s management team.
- Enduring positive work culture:Airfoil, recently named one of AdAge’s 2011 “Best Places to Work,” has historically invested significantly in human resources and employee satisfaction programs. Newly promoted Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration Sharon Neumann is responsible for the fiscal management that will continue to fuel the industry-best benefits and upward mobility of staff at large.
“Airfoil is not simply a place where people punch a clock, nor is it a place where people are viewed as merely means to an end,” said Tyler. “Responsible financial practices like that in which Sharon is proven will continue to allow us to invest in our professionals and offer them the chance to not simply hold a job, but grow an exciting and rewarding career.”
Airfoil introduced a new package of employee benefits and incentives for 2012, including a technology incentive to support work/life balance, competitive research and other applications; a health and wellness incentive to support employees’ personal wellbeing; and an option for student loan repayment or monthly transportation reimbursement.
About Airfoil Public Relations, Inc.
Airfoil, with offices in Southfield, Mich. and Sunnyvale, Calif., is an independent firm specializing in marketing communications and public relations for both emerging and leading technology companies. Airfoil’s teams drive technology communications for a growing client roster across consumer, enterprise, health care, cleantech and industrial segments. The agency provides services to inform and accelerate clients’ marketing communications, digital and social media, and brand strategy programs. Airfoil has been named Technology Agency of the Year by the Holmes Report and recognized as a top firm in numerous industry rankings. For more information about Airfoil Public Relations, please visit http://www.airfoilpr.com or call 866.AIR.FOIL.