Airfoil has reached the double digits – that’s right, we justturned 10 years old! In light of this accomplishment, our entire Silicon Valleyoffice took a trip out to Michigan to celebrate the anniversary on Aug. 6.
Airfoil knows just how to commemorate this milestone. Thecompany invested in leadership training, engaged in a scavenger hunt indowntown Detroit and celebrated its birthday with dinner and dancing at theRenaissance Center.
In honor of the 10th anniversary festivities, Idid some research, as it was my first trip to the Detroit area. A Californianative, I get anxious about leaving the Pacific coast, but I was so excited forthe “Air”mazing Race and seeing the Michigan office that I couldn’t stay away.
Here are some of the fun facts I learned about Detroit andthe surrounding areas:
- Was originally a French settlement
- Launched the famous Motown music genre
- Is home to the Big Three automobile companies: GeneralMotors, Ford, and Chrysler
- Is home to professional teams representing the four majorsports in North America
- Is the only major city in the U.S. that is north of Canada(Windsor, Ontario, is south of Detroit).
Let me know what other Detroit fun facts of which I shouldbe aware!