Detroit – May 20, 2008 – Airfoil Public Relations, specializing in high tech public relations and marketing communications for both leading and emerging companies, has been named “Technology Agency of the Year” for 2007 by leading industry resource, The Holmes Report.
The Holmes Report, published by industry veteran Paul Holmes, is a monthly newsletter, with a companion website and blog, providing competitive insight and intelligence to public relations professionals. The publication conducts an annual nationwide review of public relations agencies, and awards a select few ‘agency of the year’ honors for accomplishments within industry verticals and disciplines. Recent winners of this award include Schwartz Communications and Waggener Edstrom.
“As an agency committed to elevating the reputation of its clients, it is an honor to be on the receiving end of this recognition from The Holmes Report,” said Airfoil CEO Lisa Vallee-Smith. “This distinction is a shared success, as it reflects not only our team’s drive and dedication to excellence, but also the caliber of clients we are lucky to work with every day.”
Airfoil was established in 2000, immediately before the technology fallout evidenced itself, and has evolved with the times to enhance the awareness and positioning of both established and start-up technology companies. The year for which the agency is being recognized by The Holmes Report, 2007, was an especially impressive one:
• Agency fee revenue exceeded $7 million, with 62% of that revenue ($4.4 million) attributed to the agency’s technology clients.
• Significant growth in staff size, with a 14% increase in headcount to 56.
• Significant added depth to its talent base by hiring two vice presidents: Gayle Joseph, who leads the Microsoft accounts; and, Sue Barnes, general manager of Airfoil Silicon Valley.
• Airfoil won more than 25 new accounts, many of which provided the agency new and expanded reach into the tech industry; among these are BroadSoft, Terra-Pass, YouSendIt, Speakeasy and Search Engine Corp.
• Complementing a strong year for new business, the agency realized significant organic growth in existing accounts, including Microsoft, Six Disciplines and Syneron.
• The agency’s West Coast office in Northern California, established in 2006, moved from Redwood City to Mountain View to accommodate growing staff and forecasted expansion.
Leading to the agency’s banner year in 2007, Airfoil’s history has been marked by growth, adaptability and leadership:
• Microsoft Corporation was among Airfoil’s first clients. Airfoil successfully executed a regional PR pilot for Microsoft’s US Subsidiary, the results of which led to the agency’s instrumental role in restructuring the corporation’s public relations initiatives. In the seven years since, Airfoil has expanded its work, in both size and scope, for the software leader and today represents Microsoft’s Enterprise Sales in a national capacity, while servicing Microsoft’s Small and Midsize Solutions and Partners (SMS&P) unit.
• In 2002, the agency secured the eBay Motors account, and based upon the success of the program, enterprised additional wins with eBay, including eBay Tickets and other eBay business units and categories.
• Over the years, the company and its leadership have garnered numerous awards and distinctions, including numerous top-of-list industry rankings; honors based upon the professional accomplishments of top executives; and recognition of the agency’s culture and quality of workplace.
• Traditional technology businesses, including software, hardware and online merchants and services, comprised the agency’s client roster in 2000. Through the years, the agency has diversified its technology representation to include companies in alternative energy; web services; digital marketing and advertising; social enterprise and media; Web 2.0-related applications, and broadband services, including Voice over IP (VoIP).
• With its foundation of knowledge and expertise in navigating the technology industry and its audiences, the agency manages growing vertical practices in the healthcare and automotive- manufacturing industries.
The award was presented to Airfoil at the annual SABRE Awards Dinner on May 13 in New York City.
About Airfoil Public Relations, Inc. (www.airfoilpr.com)
|Related Links (opens in new window)|