DETROIT and SILICON VALLEY – May 17, 2013 – Airfoil, an independent technology-focused PR and marketing communications firm, announced today the addition of six individuals to its team of award-winning communications professionals. The hires enhance a team that has been delivering consultation and services in the increasingly critical areas of analytics, advertising, social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising, graphic design and video production.
“The brand story that marketers need to create in today’s environment is multi-channel,” said Airfoil Co-CEO Janet Tyler. “Our global expansion into the European and Asia Pacific marketplaces, combined with the industry’s demand for strategic, integrated approaches, presents us with exciting opportunities to lead clients down new creative communications paths. I’m confident that our newest professionals will be key to unlocking the potential of the marketplace on behalf of the brands we represent.”
Airfoil is pleased to welcome the following professionals to its staff:
- Ahmad Aggour, account coordinator. In his role at Airfoil, Aggour supports numerous technology accounts, including FordDirect and Total 3D Solutions. He joins Airfoil with a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Eastern Michigan University and a strong background in analytics, advertising and marketing. Most recently prior to joining the firm, Aggour worked as an advertising strategist for Genpact at Google, where he developed strategic online advertising campaigns and managed campaign performance solutions.
- Cassie Stewart, digital media coordinator. In her role at Airfoil, Stewart helps amplify client platforms through video consulting, creative and production. Most recently, she served as video editor and writer for Shot Time Productions, where she directed and shot more than 30 marketing videos for clients. She also brings a unique perspective to her role, holding a bachelor’s degree in both advertising/public relations and international film and media studies from Loyola University, Chicago.
- Elizabeth VanStee, graphic designer. In her role at Airfoil, VanStee is responsible for offering creative direction and design for client marketing and advertising assets. Her creative experience includes business identity creation for numerous small businesses, as well as design of promotional and product line materials for a major furniture retailer. She holds a bachelor’s degree in graphic design from Kendall College of Art and Design, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Tiffani Blade, account executive. In her role at Airfoil, Blade provides media relations support for numerous technology accounts, including Slalom Consulting, eBay and MICROS-Retail. She holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Western Michigan University. Most recently she served as a new media coordinator for the Protect Our Jobs Campaign, where she executed campaign social and digital media activities. She also held communications positions with a Michigan healthcare service workers union, and reported for Kalamazoo Gazette.
- Lateshia Dowell, account executive. In her role at Airfoil, Dowell provides media relations support for numerous technology accounts, including Delphi Automotive and Microsoft. She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from Wayne State University, Detroit. Her professional background includes reporting for the Detroit Free Press’ print and online media properties, and program production for several major Detroit-area radio and television stations.
- Mitchell Harris, account coordinator. In his role at Airfoil, Harris provides media relations support for numerous technology accounts, including Sphero and Walsh College. He holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Adrian College, Adrian, Mich. Prior to joining the firm, he served as project manager for Detroit-based Fathead, LLC, where he was responsible for managing and maintaining the daily project management, operations, marketing, public relations, social media, sales, and customer service for the company’s medical division.
Airfoil drives its clients’ stories across a number of traditional and digital channels. The company has made an increasing number of hires within the past 18 months that align to offerings that include: Social Strategy; Influencer Identification; Brand Communities; Content Marketing and Analytics. Open positions are still being filled and can be found at http://airfoilgroup.com/careers/.
Airfoil, with offices in Silicon Valley and Detroit, is an independent firm specializing in marketing communications and public relations for both emerging and leading technology companies. Airfoil’s teams drive technology communications for a growing client roster across consumer, enterprise, health care, cleantech and industrial segments. The agency provides services to inform and accelerate clients’ marketing communications, digital, social media and brand strategy programs. Airfoil has been named Technology Agency of the Year by the Holmes Report and recognized as a top firm in numerous industry rankings. Visit www.airfoilgroup.com for more information.