November and December usually feel like a time when agencies and companies are not traveling here and there to conferences. And while that is generally true, in reality, we’re planning for how to take strategic advantage of the event onslaught that happens in the first quarter of every year.
- International Toy Fair, Feb. 13-16 in New York. This is the place for all the newest toys and games making their official debut.
- NADA, Feb. 5-7 in San Francisco. NADA is where car and truck dealers, along with automobile manufacturers, retailers, and leaders come together.
- CTIA, March 21-24 in Orlando. The tradeshow for all things wireless.
- GDC, Feb. 28-March 4 in San Francisco. The premier conference for video game developers.
- SXSW, March 11-20; the interactive conference is March 11-15 in Austin, Texas. This is the showcase and debut for many new emerging technologies.
- AAD – Feb. 4-8 in New Orleans. The annual conference for the dermatology industry.
- ASLMS – March 30-April 3 in Dallas. The annual conference for those who work with medical lasers in a clinical, research or business environment.
Of course, there’s many more beyond the first quarter of 2011, including some great public relations industry events, but we’ll save those for another post. What events are you looking forward to this year?